ExOfficio Garment Care
- Proper care will add years to your travel clothing.
- Be sure to follow label guidelines when caring for garments.
- Synthetic fabrics are sensitive to heat. If you need to use an iron, be careful. Use low heat or fabric might melt or shrink.
- Synthetic fabrics wash easily and dry quickly.
- To remove grease or oil stains, apply liquid detergent and allow it to soak in prior to washing.
- Dry cleaning is best for bad stains.
- Tumble dry on low heat or line dry.
Natural Fabrics: (cotton)
- Cotton creases when washed, wrinkles when worn, and will need considerable ironing - yet it is by far one of the most comfortable fabrics.
- Cottons are not colorfast, so wash these items separately when new.
- Cotton also tends to shrink when washed, but can be pulled back into place after washing.
- Contact with acids (such as fruit juice) can weaken cotton if left for long periods of time. Wash out any staining immediately.
Here is a list of helpful links to provide tips on how to remove a variety of stains from your garments.
- Please see our hemming instructions for our convertible pants.
1. Wash with soap in a sink or bathtub.
2. Wring it out.
3. Lay it flat on a dry towel.
4. Roll up towel and underwear like a burrito.
5. Stomp on it.
6. Hang to dry in a well-ventilated area.
7. Dries in 2-4 hours, depending on humidity.
8. Wear and repeat.
Hemming Instructions for ExOfficio Convertible Pants
- Determine the correct hem length
- Safety pin the zipper in the open position while re-hemming
- Open hem, trim if necessary and (press using low heat press flat and press cloth)
- Press in new hem length
- Cut zipper tape at new hem length
- Trim excess fabric 1 1/4" from new hem length
- Fold edge 1/4" and press
- Fold again 1" and press forming a finished edge
- Enclose zipper tape in hem (zipper tape stich over coils should extend to hem edge)